Zucchini Salad with Preserved Lemon
From Matthew Altizer
Preserved lemons impart a delicious flavour to almost anything that they are added to. Make sure to rinse them off well and remove the flesh or they will be too salty. Find them at Middle Eastern grocery stores.
- 1 lb. baby zucchini, thinly sliced with a mandolin or vegetable peeler
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed to a paste with salt
- 1 t. freshly ground cumin
- 6 T. olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 preserved lemon rind, rinsed and thinly sliced
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- small handful of mint leaves
Place the zucchini in a large bowl and toss with the garlic, cumin, olive oil, lemon juice and preserved lemon. Toss well with the salt and pepper and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle the salad with mint leaves and serve immediately. Serves 4.