Radish Salad with Orange Blossom Water
From Matthew Altizer
When little bunches of multicoloured radishes are available, this is the perfect dish to highlight their beautiful colours. You can substitute grated carrot for the radishes. Orange blossom water has a delicate floral flavour that works equally well in both sweet and savoury dishes.
- 3 bunches of radishes, trimmed
- 1 T. orange juice
- 1 t. orange blossom water
- 1 T. roughly chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 T. roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 T. grapeseed oil
- 1 T. olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, cut the radishes into very thin slices. Place them in a bowl and toss with the remaining ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer the salad to a serving bowl. Serves 4.