Miniature Potato Skins
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 15 small yellow-fleshed potatoes, washed and unpeeled
- 1 small green onion, finely sliced
- 1-1/2 c. sour cream
- 4 slices of bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled (if turkey bacon, chopped)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- finely sliced green onions for garnish
Set oven to 400°F. Mix the salt and garlic powder with the oil. Slice the potatoes in half and coat them with the oil mixture. Place the potatoes on a greased baking sheet, cut-side down. Bake for 25 minutes, or until just tender. Cool completely.
Mix the sour cream with the green onions and crumbled bacon. Season with black pepper. Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out some of the center of each potato and fill with the sour cream mixture. Top with more sliced green onion. Serve as soon as possible.