Creamy Mushroom Bruschetta
- 2 c. each, button mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms and oyster mushrooms, sliced and sautéed in butter and oil until golden, then cooled and chopped
- 1 T. each, minced shallots and
- 1/4 c. toasted pine nuts
- 2 T. reduced cream (reduce 1/4 c.
whipping cream to 2 T.)
- 2 T. balsamic vinaigrette (recipe below)
- toasted slices of baguette, for serving
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until warmed through. Stir in the vinaigrette and serve on the toasted baguette slices.
Balsamic Vinaigrette: whisk together 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar and 1 or 2 T. Dijon mustard. Slowly whisk in 1-1/2 c. olive oil (not extra virgin) until thoroughly emulsified, then add salt to taste. You only need 2 T. for the recipe, but the remainder can be used on future salads.