From The King & I restaurant in Calgary
A delicious Thai herbed soup using chicken and coconut milk.
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced
- 4 c. coconut milk
- ½ c. coconut cream
- ½ c. young galangal, sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalks, bulb finely chopped
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 3 – 4 T. fish sauce
- 4 – 5 T. lime juice
- 5 hot chiles, crushed with pestle
- 1 ½ c. straw mushrooms, halved
- 2 stalks coriander, chopped (garnish)
Put coconut milk in a pot, add chicken, lemongrass, galangal kaffir lime leaves and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add fish sauce.
Bring to a boil and add mushrooms. Stir in coconut cream and bring to a boil again. Remove from heat. Season to taste with lime juice, more fish sauce and chiles. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.