Roasted Trout with Artichokes Hazelnuts Pancetta
- 2 7–10 oz boneless trout fillets, skin on
- 1/3 c. toasted hazelnuts, lightly crushed
- 1 handful of herbs, such as basil, mint, or parsley
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 c. bread crumbs
- 10 oil-marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices pancetta
- 1 T. olive oil
Preheat oven to 425°F. In a mixing bowl, combine hazelnuts, herbs, lemon juice, zest, garlic, bread crumbs, artichoke hearts and salt and pepper. Mash together or process in a food processor until well combined but not puréed. The mixture should be slightly wet, and crumbly.
Lay one of the trout fillets onto a baking sheet and pat the artichoke mixture evenly over the trout. Layer the sliced pancetta over the filling and place the second trout fillet on top to cover the pancetta. Using cooking twine, tie the two sides of trout together in order to keep the filling from spilling out. Rub the trout with olive oil.
Bake about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the trout is done and the skin becomes slightly crackly. Serves 4.