Green Prawn Curry
- 3 c. coconut milk
- 2 – 3 T. green curry paste
- 2 T. fish sauce
- 3 serrano or jalapeño chiles, seeded and cut into fine slivers
- 2 lb large raw shrimp, peeled
- 4 kaffir lime leaves or 6 Thai basil leaves, torn in half
- ¼ c. cilantro leaves (garnish)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (garnish)
- 2 limes, quartered
Set a wok over medium-high heat and add the coconut milk. As the milk heats, whisk in the curry paste. Add the fish sauce and chiles. Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce to simmer and cook the sauce 5 minutes.
Add the shrimp and lime or basil leaves and cook, stirring, just until the shrimp turn pink and curl, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately with jasmine or coconut rice. Garnish with cilantro and scallions and pass the limes. Serves 6 to 8.