This fresh pesto makes use of a whole bunch of cilantro in one go. You can also make it using flat-leaf Italian parsley, tossing in a few other fresh green herbs that need to be used. The pesto is delicious served over roasted salmon or whitefish.
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems and all
- 1/2 c. pine nuts or fresh walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 – 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
Pulse everything except the olive oil to a paste in the food processor. Drizzle in the olive oil at the end. Store the pesto in the fridge for up to
a week. Makes about 1 cup.