This is a big cheat because you toss everything in a blender or food processor and keep it in your holiday fridge to serve – at a moment’s notice!
- 1 c. lightly packed fresh Italian parsley, de-stemmed
- 1 c. lightly packed fresh cilantro, de-stemmed
- 2 T. fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- ¼ – ½ t. crushed dried red chile or Tabasco or other hot sauce
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
Toss all ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until the chimichurri is smooth but still retains some herb identity. Serve in dollops on top of grilled meats or on the side as a dip.