Baby Kale and Basil Pesto
From Julie Van Rosendaal
- 3 c. baby kale
- 1 c. fresh basil
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
Tear the kale into pieces, discarding any tough stems. Place in the bowl of a food processor along with the basil, almonds, parmesan, garlic and lemon juice and pulse until well mulched. With the motor running, pour in the olive oil, blending and scraping down the side of the bowl, until well blended and roughly smooth. Season with pepper.
Serve immediately or refrigerate in a jar for up to a week. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.