Sun-dried Tomato & Olive Pesto
From Julie Van Rosendaal
While basil and pesto most often go hand-in-hand, many recipes stray from the classic formula. This dense, sun-dried tomato pesto is delicious spread on sandwiches or pizzas or served in a little ramekin on a cheese or charcuterie board.
- 3/4 c. sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 1/2 c. chopped, pitted black olives
- 1/2 c. packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 c. freshly grated parmesan
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, reserving some of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes. Add the oil in a thin stream until the mixture is the texture you want it to be. Taste and add salt and pepper if it needs it. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.