Linguine with Walnut Butter and Sage
If you’re making walnut butter specifically for this recipe, grind the clove of garlic in with the nuts to more evenly distribute it.
- 1 lb. dried linguine, fettuccine or spaghetti
- 1/2 c. walnut butter
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta according to the package directions. In a small bowl, stir together the walnut butter, olive oil and garlic. Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/2 c. of the cooking liquid. Toss with the walnut butter mixture, sage and parmesan, adding a little of the pasta cooking liquid as you need it to help loosen the sauce. Season the linguine with pepper and serve immediately with extra parmesan cheese sprinkled overtop and passed around. Serves 4.