From Ron Shewchuk
Here’s the rub I’d use if I were to grill up a spinalis today.
- 1 T. coarse sea salt like Maldon or Fleur de Sel
- 1 T. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 T. dried mint
- 1 t. dried parsley flakes
- 1 T. dried rosemary
- 1 T. granulated onion
- 1 t. granulated garlic (optional)
- 1 t. crushed dried chiles
Here’s the basic steak grilling technique:
Lightly sprinkle both sides of the steaks with some of the rub and drizzle with olive oil, turning them to coat. Preheat your grill for high direct cooking. Put the steaks on the cooking grate. Once you’ve got both sides seared, turn the heat down to medium, cover the grill, and cook for a few more minutes, turning often, until the steaks become slightly springy to the touch and the internal temperature reads 120°F. Remove from the grill and let them rest for about five minutes.