Quick Peanut Butter Beef Curry
From Julie Van Rosendaal
- 1 boneless steak, about 3/4 lb., cut into bite-sized pieces or strips
- canola or olive oil, for cooking
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 t. curry paste (or to taste)
- a big spoonful of peanut butter
- half of a 14 oz. can of coconut milk
Pat the beef dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of oil to a large, heavy skillet set over medium-high heat. Brown the meat well, but don’t worry about cooking it completely through. Transfer it to a plate. Add the garlic and curry paste to the pan, then the peanut butter and coconut milk. Stir to blend and melt the peanut butter, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook the sauce for a minute or two, until well blended and thickened, then return the beef to the pan and heat through, simmering a little longer if the beef is still too pink inside. Serve immediately, over rice.
Serves 2 to 4.