Cilantro’s Barbecued Pork Ribs
From Cilantro chef Ken Canavan. This recipe appeared in Simple Treasures: from the collection of Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts.
5 lbs baby back pork ribs
- ¼ c. orange juice concentrate
- 2 c. each rice wine vinegar and honey
- ¼ c. sesame seed oil
- 1 T. chopped fresh ginger
- ½ c. each chopped green onions and diced red onion
- ½ c. soy sauce
- 2 T. chopped garlic
- 1 T. each chopped basil, chopped oregano and ground black pepper
- 1 orange cut into thin slices
Combine all marinade ingredients and massage into ribs. Marinate in the fridge for two days, turning occasionally. Cook ribs over low heat on the barbecue, brushing with marinade, until ribs are cooked. Boil the remaining marinade briefly and serve with the ribs. Serves 4.