Punch Drunk Summer Love
From Dan Clapson
Nicole Fewell takes all of the locally made ingredients and turns them into a bright, refreshing cocktail that could very well become your go-to summer drink.
- ١/٢ oz. rosemary apple drinking vinegar (recipe below)
- ١/٢ oz. Porter’s Tonic, Original
- 2 oz. Eau Claire Parlour Gin
- 2 dashes Black Cloud Charred Cedar Bitters
- 1 Prairie Sunset glass, chilled
- 6 oz. soda water
- rosemary sprig and apple slices (for garnish)
Place the first three ingredients in a shaker, fill with ice and shake well. Strain into the glass, add bitters and soda, stir and top up with ice. Garnish with rosemary sprig and apple slices and serve immediately.
To make the rosemary apple drinking vinegar, put 2 c. apple cider vinegar, 1 c. sugar and four 4-inch rosemary sprigs (bruised) into a pot over medium heat. Simmer until the sugar dissolves. Turn the heat off and let the mixture steep for 40 minutes. Strain, transfer to a container and keep in the fridge until ready to use. Makes 2 cups.