- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 large tomato, finely diced
- 1/2 c. finely diced, peeled cucumber
- 1/2 c. finely diced, seeded red bell pepper
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/4 c. tomato juice
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T. champagne vinegar or mild white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t. jalapeño chile with seeds, minced
- Sea salt & fresh ground black pepper
- Slivers of green onion (garnish)
Place the whole tomatoes in a food processor and purée. Pour into a bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients. Set in the fridge to cool and give the flavours time to mellow before serving. To serve, fill a shooter glass with the gazpacho and garnish with a thin sliver of green onion. Makes 2 shooters per person.
Note: If you prefer your gazpacho smooth, blend the ingredients in a food processor. If necessary, thin by adding tomato juice.