Classic Pico de Gallo
From Julie Van Rosendaal
At its most basic, salsa is a mulch of fresh tomatoes, onion, chiles and lime juice, a combination that comes together in five minutes, by hand or blender.
- 2-3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- juice of half a lime (or to taste)
- big pinch salt
Chop and combine everything in a bowl, or pulse it in the bowl of a food processor until it’s as coarse or smooth as you like, adjusting the salt, lime and jalapeño as needed. Makes about 3 cups.