6 Quick Ways with Honey
1. Simmer a bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of honey
, the grated zest of an orange, 1 teaspoon grated ginger
and a pinch of cinnamon
to make a spiced honey-cranberry sauce.
2. To make a simple honey-chocolate sauce, bring 1/2 cup honey
to a simmer in a small pot; remove from the heat and stir in an equal amount of chopped semi-sweet or dark chocolate
. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
3. Glaze your ham
with a whisked mixture of 1/2 cup honey, 1/4 cup grainy mustard
and ¼ cup balsamic vinegar.
4. Cut yams or sweet potatoes
into wedges, toss with canola or olive oil
and roast on a baking sheet at 400°F for about 30 minutes. Brush with honey
and roast for another 10 minutes, until tender and golden.
5. To make honey truffles, melt 8 ounces of chopped dark chocolate
with 1/4 cup honey
; chill, scoop with a spoon, and roll into balls. Dust with cocoa powder
6. Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream
into a tall glass and drizzle with honey
. Mash until it’s soft, then pour over as much ginger ale
as you like.